8 So I have come down to rescue them from the hand of the Egyptians and to bring them up out of that land into a good and spacious land, a land flowing with milk and honey…
9 And now the cry of the Israelites has reached me, and I have seen the way the Egyptians are oppressing them. 10 So now, go. I am sending you to Pharaoh to bring my people the Israelites out of Egypt."
In this passage, God is telling Moses to retire from shepherding a flock of livestock to shepherding a flock of God’s chosen people. 3 ways to know its time to retire:
1) God speaks to you. God showed himself in a burning bush to Moses, blinded Saul(Paul), and put Jonah in the belly of a large fish for three days. God knows you and has a way of showing up in your life when it is time to move on into a new direction; your destined call and purpose for your life.
2) Passion decreases. Sometimes in life you feel a shift, or a change in how you feel about a passion for a certain career, favorite past time, or a hobby. You still love it, but it doesn’t feel the same. It doesn’t bring you to joy or high it use to.
3) Pursuit is proof of passion. As your passion increases in a new area, you helplessly feel driven to it. As God increases your talent and ability in this area you become efficient in your new field. Most often when you learn what your spiritual gift you will find that it is one and the same or conducive to the passion.
God also wanted his chosen people to be liberated from slavery to freedom in a land flowing with milk and honey. In the literal since flowing w/ milk and honey means a land that has abundant water, fertile soil (good for plants flowers; honey), and is good for livestock(milk). In the figurative, this means prosperity.
Now the enemy doesn’t want to you to get to prosperity or to this land and he will not let you go easily. The devil will:
1) cloud your judgment & make you feel not worthy Exodus 3:11
2) make you question God Exodus 3:13 & 4:1
3) show your weaknesses and inefficiencies Exodus 4:10
4) Ask the Lord for something or someone else Exodus 4:13
5) have others question your calling/purpose Exodus 5:21
6) Have you question your calling/ purpose Exodus 6:12
The Lord may have to fight 4 you and send plaques to make him let you go or leave you alone. The Lord will protect you in the mist of your transition. For this reason Pharaoh did not enslave Moses, despite the plagues and the death of his son. God will open and shut doors that no one else can open or shut. The hand of God was on Moses. and his struggles.
Heavenly Father you are all powerful and all knowing. You have the power to shut it down even when I want to keep going and knowledge to know how to use me that others will be edified and you will be gloried. Father, grant me wisdom to know when it is time to retire from one stage in my life and give me the courage, strength, maturity to accept a new purpose. I submit to you holy divine will.
In Jesus name,